Last Updated: April 28, 2018
Data privacy is important to ASM-air.com (“ASM”), companies, and their affiliates. This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by ASM and applies to information collected when you use or access our online or mobile websites (such as www.ASM-AIR.com), or when you attend a ASM event or interact with us.
We respect the privacy rights of users, we recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you. If you use the ASM services as part of an entity or organization that has an agreement with ASM (like your employer or a university), the terms of that organization’s contract for the ASM services may restrict our collection or use of your information more than what is described in this Privacy Notice.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use, and maintain your personal information. This Privacy Notice also describes your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you more directly by email or means of a notice on the home page prior to the change becoming effective.
We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access the ASM services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish for your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate with us and stop using the ASM service(s). Your use of any of the ASM services after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit one of our websites, register for and/or use one of the ASM services.
For example, we collect information when you register with ASM for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the ASM services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the ASM services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites.
The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your ASM profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide ("Content") to ASM in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the ASM services.
The information of third parties such as name, email address, etc. as may be provided in order to enable the functionality and features of the ASM services. For example, if you invite a user to ASM, we will collect their email address in order to provide them with an invite to the ASM services in order to collaborate on the Content you designated.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the ASM service(s), we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the ASM services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share, or access while using the ASM service(s), as well as the Content you access, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the ASM service(s).
Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the ASM services including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use, and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the ASM service(s).
Device Information: If you access the ASM Media Solutions, Inc. services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We may ask for or access your location-based information from your mobile device with your consent through our mobile apps. You can enable or disable this functionality in the ASM mobile application settings.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (including services providers who are working on our behalf) use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that help us to improve the ASM services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the ASM services without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the ASM services are most popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in the ASM services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please refer to your personal server or contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Local Shared Objects (“LSO”): We use LSOs, such as HTML5, to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on our website. Third parties with whom we partner may also use LSOs in order to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Advertising Cookies: We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third parties may use tracking technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other websites you visit in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
Please note that opting-out will only prevent targeted ads, so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) after you opt-out.
Information We Collect From Other Sources.
We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the ASM service(s). For example, we may have access to certain information from third-party social media services if you provide us with access to information from that service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media services is in accordance with the privacy notice and authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the ASM services for the limited purpose of providing the ASM services and related functionality and services for which ASM has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
• Provide, operate, maintain and improve the ASM service;
• Enable you to access and use the ASM service, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content, and sending emails on your behalf;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
• Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer services and support; • Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about ASM and/or our select partners; • Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards; • Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the ASM services and for marketing or advertising purposes; • Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the ASM service, and other illegal activities;
• Personalize and improve the ASM service, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interest and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the ASM service;
• Send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to the ASM service. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information; • Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; • Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users; and
• For other purposes about which we notify you.
By accessing or using the ASM services, or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice or in connection with the ASM service(s). For example, we may share personal information about you including the follows:
• Vendors, Consultants and Other Services Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other services providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These services providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to ASM and/or the ASM service(s).
• For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the ASM services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the ASM service(s). For example, third parties who you invite to collaborate with you as “Editors,” using the collaboration features of the ASM services, may also modify Content that you have shared, upload documents and photos to Content you have shared, share such Content outside of the ASM service(s), and provide other third parties with rights to view the Content you have shared.
• Third Party Applications: ASM provides you with opportunities to connect with third-party applications or services. If you choose to use any such third-party applications or services, we may share information about you including your username and any Content you choose to use in connection with those applications and services, and such third parties may contact you directly as necessary. This Privacy Notice does not apply to your use of such third-party applications and services, and we are not responsible for how those third parties collect, use and disclose your information and Content. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties before connecting to or using their applications or services to learn more about their information and privacy practices.
• Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of services, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the ASM service(s), (d) to protect ASM, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
• Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. • Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that do not directly identify you. Collaboration and Sharing Features
The ASM Media Solutions, Inc. services offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through the ASM service(s). As a function of the collaborative nature of the ASM services, and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. You can choose to change your settings at any time for a file or folder through your account. For more information about such collaboration and sharing features contact (email@example.com).
While no service is completely secure, ASM takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we encrypt your Content when it is stored in our data centers. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card numbers and passwords that we request from you on the ASM services are protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our services only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Account Information & Retention. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at (email@example.com) but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 calendar days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. ASM will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Upon request, ASM will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Promotional and Newsletter Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from ASM by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the ASM service(s).
California Residents. Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with ASM may choose to opt out of ASM’ disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. You can choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval email (email@example.com)
Social Media Features and Widgets
The ASM services may include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on a ASM services. The privacy notice of the company providing it governs your interactions with these features.
Community Forums and Blogs
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas might be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request removal of your personal information from our blogs or testimonials, contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org). In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the ASM service(s). When you click on a link to a third-party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of ASM. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The ASM services are not directed to individuals under 13 years-old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years-old. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at (email@example.com). If we become aware that a child under 13 years-old has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice should be addressed to (firstname.lastname@example.org).